Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A New Adventure

So I'm starting something new. A story with new characters, monsters, and  heroes. After challenging myself to win my third year of NaNoWriMo, I've been so heartbroken that I didn't make it. So, I've set it aside. The novel I was working on was a science fiction, something I've never written before. It was exciting, but challenging. And I found out this past month during NaNo, that I'm just not quite there yet. And that's fine with me. I'll always have the chance to try again. So, for now, I'm taking a step back and writing the genre I'm feel most familiar with: Fantasy!
I found an old three book series that I started when I was thirteen, and I decided I'm going to pick it up again. The plot is scattered, and the characters are very underdeveloped, so I'm going to finally save the poor thing and make it into something it deserves to be!
I'll definitely want to go back and work on the Science Fiction again someday, but that's some thoughts I've had lately. You don't have to be great at something right at the beginning (and you won't be!) You've got to be patient with yourself, and when you fail, just keep going. Never give up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment