Monday, February 2, 2015

The Lord Is My Light

Happy Monday everyone! So many more experiences await you! Today, I just had to post, and express my love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.

Heavenly Father lives, I've always known He does, even as I've struggled with my testimony and tried to understand the role the Gospel plays in my own life. He is always aware of us, always! And He wants to help us with everything in our lives if you will only just ask with a humble heart.

This new year has been a crazy new adventure already. I feel like I'm coming back from something that I was very convinced was going to destroy me more than once. And it's something I wouldn't be able to do without my friends, family, and others who have given me the love, support, and tools I've needed to get my world back in order. I can't say it's been a great learning experience as fully as I hope to one day, I'm still reaching my head just above the water, but so far, it has been a testimony builder, and I've already seen the light and the blessings Heavenly Father has bestowed on me.

I've learned that Heavenly Father really has created us to withstand the storms we will face in our lives. He does not leave us without aid, but it takes us sometimes realizing we need that help and asking, pleading even, for His Almighty hand. And it's such a comfort to me to know that our Father does not hold us accountable for the things in our lives that are out of our control. The things that will possibly cloud our minds and our judgement, making us think and even act like someone we aren't. He is fully aware of our circumstances, and He is willing to guide us to the help that we my need in addition to the help of the Atonement. He will always support us as we learn to grow and become stronger individuals in this mortal life.

I was reading in the scriptures just the other day, and I found a passage that really rang true to me, and I wish to share it. It's found in Psalms 55:

"Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication. Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint. . . My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me. . . 

"I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me. . .Cast thy burdens upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

We can call for help in our darkest hour, and He will come and rescue us. 

I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life, I'm so grateful I was raised and taught the gospel from a young age. I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It covers everything, can save us from anything, comfort us from anything, and heal us of anything. It truly is the greatest gift our Father in Heaven has given us.

I'm so grateful to be here at this amazing university, here the Gospel is so intertwined with the study, and with the atmosphere of learning and growing. I'm grateful for the chance I have to become something great in this life and in the next because of my divine birthright. 

I have to say I'm so grateful for my bishops, stake presidents, and the seminary teachers I've had. I've felt so much love and support from you, and I'm so grateful for the time you've put towards my future success. You've helped so much, and your influence in my life has greatly impacted the reason why I'm still on this Earth. 

I pray that those who need to feel God's love, will feel it, and they will know it's real just as I do. I testify that our Father and Jesus Christ live, they are so close to us. We are never left alone. They know, and we knew, that coming to Earth would be hard. But we also knew it would be so worth it. I'm so grateful I've chosen the Lord's plan, and I can't wait to continue on the path towards eternal happiness. I pray that those who need to feel God's love, will feel it, and they will know it's real just as I do, in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, amen.

"The Lord is my light; the Lord is my strength.
I know in his might I'll conquer at length.
My weakness in mercy he covers with pow'r,
And, walking by faith, I am blest ev'ry hour."
The Lord Is My Light Hymn 89



No comments:

Post a Comment